The Beers of Summer are Here!
Sun’s out, beer’s out…in cans, that is! We’re releasing three of our best summer brews in cans on Thursday, June 14th, along with four returning favorites, all freshly canned. Cans go on sale at 11am at the Taproom in the Strip and 4pm at the Brewpub in Larimer. Pro tip: We always keep more cans in stock at the Brewpub than at the Taproom in the Strip, mostly due to space concerns. And if there’s a line, 1 case limit per each beer; No line? No limit!
• Chance A’ Shahrs Pale Ale: A juicy pale ale, with some slight recipe tweaks from last time, to better showcase Comet, Amarillo, and Motueka hops. 5.7% ABV. $18 per 4 pack of 16oz cans
• Seedless Watermelon Gose: 800lbs of real live, certified organic watermelons were juiced to make this light, tart, fruity, refreshing Gose. (Say it with me now... "Gó-suh") 4.1% ABV. $15 per 4 pack of 16oz cans
• Highway to Huell: Back in cans! Our Huell-Melon-hopped Pilsner is the perfect easy-drinking, hard-rocking beer for those long hot days of summer. 4.1% ABV. $12 per 4 pack of 16oz cans
• Pedal Pale Ale: The ideal post-bike-ride beer, with bright hop character and a crisp traditional APA finish! $15 per 4 pack of 16oz cans
• BigHop: The beer that built the place. $12 per six pack of 12oz cans
• Monkey Boy Hefeweizen: No bananas were harmed in the brewing or canning of this beer. $12 per six pack of 12oz cans
• Fat Gary Nut Brown Ale: Dark in color, light in flavor, with an actual life-sized FatGary stuffed into every 25th can. $12 per six pack of 12oz cans
And as a reminder, Big Hop, Monkey Boy, Fat Gary, and Pedal Pale Ale are all shipping to our wholesaler now. What does that mean for you? Well, if you'd like to buy these beers at your local beer distributor, grocery store, or even gas station, just ask them to contact their rep and get some FRESH LOCAL BEER!
As a reminder, you can always click on TODAY'S BEERS on our website to see a current list of draft, bottle, and can offerings. In addition to Chance A'Shahrs, Seedless Watermelon Gose, and Highway to Huell, here's what's new for you:
- Blood Orange Big Hop on Nitro 5.8% You know Big Hop. You love Big Hop. But have you had it infused with blood orange and delivered smooth and silky on Nitro? Because you probably should.
- Brett Hop 5.9% Our mad scientist version of Big Hop, open-fermented with Brettanomyces instead of our house ale yeast, and then mellowed in red wine barrels for 2 full years. It's hoppy, funky, and wonderful, and on draft at the Brewpub in Larimer for a limited time!
PEDAL PALE ALE BY THE NUMBERS
As you may know, our Pedal Pale Ale Keg Ride isn't just one of the most fun events of the year, it's also a charity fundraiser. Each year we work with a different local charity, and this year it was the Pennsylvania Chapter of Gift of Adoption. So click here to check out the blog post about why we picked this charity and how much we raised: spoiler, it was a lot and we're really grateful to everyone who helped out. Yes, even Mr. Sunshine!
Do you have a special interest in beers that have spent time in bourbon or wine barrels? Want to learn about "sours" and beers that undergo more unusual fermentation methods? Are you a fan of the kinds of beers poured at our GOOD WOOD festival each Winter? This tour on Saturday, June 9th at 1pm is a barrel room tasting-focused run through four beers from our barrel-aging program, with a discussion about the processes used to make each.
This $20 tour is best for SEASONED BEER FANS interested in learning about our barrel-aging programs and some of the more unique beers styles we brew. The tour and tasting will last about forty-five minutes... but you're always welcome to linger in our Brewpub afterwards. Click here for tickets!
Astronomy on Tap RETURNS on Thursday, June 7th at 7pm at the Larimer Brewpub! There will be fun, informal, and accessible talks about astronomy by some friendly local astronomers! We will also have games, prizes, and of course, beer! RSVP and get more info here.
On Friday, June 8th our beer will be at the Cotton Bureau Bazaar-Beque party starting at 4pm, with shopping, food, and music! They're our neighbors in Larimer (just down the street) and they'll even be handing out coupons for a free taster of beer if you contribute to their raffle to benefit the Humane Animal Rescue League.
We've got a bunch of other great events throughout June. Stop by either location, we've always got something going on.
Other Upcoming Events:
- Thursday, June 7
ASTRONOMY ON TAP, at the Brewpub starting at 7pm
- Wednesday, June 13, 20, 27
PUB QUIZ, Buzzworthy Pub Trivia at the Brewpub starting at 7pm. Free to play!
- Saturday, June 9
GOOD WOOD TOUR, At the Brewpub starting at 1pm. More info & tickets here.
- Thursday, June 14
THE BEERS OF SUMMER CAN RELEASE, 11am at the Taproom in the Strip, 4pm at the Brewpub. More info here.
- Thursday, June 14
POETRY & PINTS, moves to the Taproom in the Strip, from 6-8pm.
- Saturday, June 23
GRAINS TO GLASS BREWERY TOUR, At the Brewpub starting at 1pm. More info & tickets here.