Get in the Holiday Spirit...with FRESH LOCAL BEER
We're releasing three great beers in 4 packs of 16 oz cans to help get you through the holiday season, with cans for sale at both the Brewery and Taproom. If there's a line, 1 case per customer. No line, no limit.
Thursday, Dec 14
Snow Melt Winter Ale
On sale at 11am at the Taproom in the Strip, 4pm at the Brewpub. Our best-loved Winter Ale is a rich mahogany ale with roasty notes and a bright hop finish. At a hearty 7%, it's guaranteed to remove your frost. Available in Growlers/Crowlers too.
Friday, Dec 15
Bourbon-Barrel-Aged Toaster Imperial Stout
On sale at 11am at the Taproom in the strip, 4pm at the Brewpub. The Imperial version of our Black Strap Stout has been aged for over a year in bourbon barrels, to mellow and impress. At 9.8% this is a beer to savor by the fire with GOOD FRIENDS. Limited availability draft on-site, so no Growlers/Crowlers on this one.
Saturday, Dec 16
Farkleberry Pale Ale
On sale at 10am at the Taproom in the Strip, 12pm at the Brewpub. Our Double-dry-hopped Pale Ale hopped with Mosaic and Ekuanot (aka Equinox), and fermented with blackberry & blueberries. It's a juicy burst of hops that also invites real fruit to the party, and still just 5.8%. Available in pints, no Growler/Crowler fills until the cans sell out.
DRAFT BEER UPDATES:
In addition to our can releases, we've got plenty of new stuff happening:
BLACK HOP, 7.5% A Black IPA (or more properly, a Cascadian Dark Ale) brewed with Ahtanum, Falconers Flight, and Amarillo hops, this beer has more malt character than most as it contains a fair amount of Chocolate and Black Malts, and Crystal Wheat in its grist.
- C.R.E.A.M. ALE, 4.1% Our Cream Ale is back on draft, the perfect easy-drinking beer for anyone. Plus look for a chili-infused version along with other variations to pop up throughout winter.
- SESSION ALE: SMALL BEER, BONSAI This is a Belgian small beer made from the second runnings from the mash bed of our Gratitude barleywine and spiced with ginger & juniper. (Also, we just brewed Gratitude!)
In other beers news, WOW, we really blew through Pennsylvania Handshake, our Milkshake IPA collaboration with Pizza Boy Brewing. We're going to brew more, but it may take us a while. Click here to read Scott's post about why, and how you can get it in cans, or get some draft at your bar/restaurant when it comes around again. Soon, we swear!
We’re excited to grow and expand our Brewery Tour options, just in time for all of your holiday gift-giving needs! You'll now have THREE Brewery Tour options to choose from. Just do the clicking near the one you'd like to try - or gift to the fellow GOOD BEER Fan in your life:
1. Brewery 101: Don't know anything about Craft Beer? Start here! Come get a quick look around our brewing operations, snap a couple pics for your instagrams, and have a few beers. You'll get a brief run down of the history of East End Brewing, what we focus on as beer makers, and then we'll turn you loose in the taproom with a voucher good for a flight of 3 samples of your choosing. Perfect for the Craft Beer ROOKIE who knows a bit about beer, and wants to enjoy a flight in the bar.
2. Grains-To-Glass: Our most comprehensive option, this tour covers the beer making process from front to back, includes a bit of EEBC history, a sampling of 4 beers, and a $15 credit at the bar which you can apply to a round of beers, t-shirts, glassware, or some Growlers, Crowlers, Cans, or Bottles of beer to go. Great for the ENTHUSIAST, or anyone looking to get a more detailed view of how beer is made.
3. GOOD WOOD Tour: Do you have a special interest in beers that have spent time in bourbon or wine barrels? Want to learn about "sours" and beers that undergo more unusual fermentation methods? Are you a fan of the beers poured at our GOOD WOOD Festival each winter? This tour is a barrel room tasting-focused run through 4 beers from our barrel aging program, with a discussion about the processes used to make each. Have you taken our tour before and want to learn more? This is the tour for you. Best for SEASONED BEER FANS interested in learning about our barrel aging programs, and some of the more unique beer styles we brew.
This holiday season it's good to give AND receive. Buy a $100 East End Gift Card at either location and we'll give you a $10 Gift Card for you to use on yourself! Because you deserve it, gosh darn it. Yeah, I suppose you can gift it too, if you really want to. (Offer valid on-site only at either location, through December 31).
GOOD BEER MERCHANDISE
Don't know what to get for that GOOD BEER fan in your life? How about an East End hoodie? Or a Big Hop t-shirt? Or a Thermos Growler? You'll find all our stuff on sale at both locations or on the internet (we know, it's a fad) by clicking here!
Updates and Events
Saturday December 9, join us at the Brewpub for our annual Crafts and Drafts Holiday Market, featuring local artists selling great gifts, along with crafting stations from Workshop PGH & Assemble, food from La Palapa & Leona's Ice Cream Sandwiches, and samples from Maggie's Farm Rum, Wigle Whiskey, oh and some beer from us too! Admission is free and bring the family! 12-5pm.
We want to welcome a new food vendor to the East End Brewpub, MESA, who serves delicious New Mexican cuisine here on Tuesdays & Thursdays, as well as for brunch on Saturday, Dec 16. Pairs perfectly with beer!
GOOD BEER EVENT CALENDAR:
- Wednesday, Dec 6 PUB QUIZ with Buzzworthy Pub Trivia and Tango Food Truck at the Brewpub 7pm. Free!
- Saturday, Dec 9 Crafts and Drafts Holiday market at the Brewpub, 12-5pm.
- Sunday Dec 10 East of Liberty Screening & Discussion, 5-8pm at the Brewpub. Join filmmaker Chris Ivey for a screening of his documentary "East of Liberty" about the changing landscape of Pittsburgh and especially East Liberty. Free admission, but get here early for a seat! Food from the Mac and Gold Truck til 6pm.
- Wednesday, Dec 13 PUB QUIZ with Buzzworthy Pub Trivia and PGH Po'Boy at the Brewpub, 7pm. Free!
- Thursday, Dec 14 Snow Melt Winter Ale Can Release at both locations.
- Thursday, Dec 14 Poetry & Pints at the Brewpub, 6-8pm. Do you enjoy a great pint and amazing poetry? Great local poets and fantastic beer, it’s sure to be a good time.
- Friday, Dec 15 Bourbon Barrel Aged Toaster Can Release at both locations.
- Saturday, Dec 16 Farkleberry Pale Ale Can Release at both locations.
- Sunday, Dec 17 BEER BELLY YOGA at the Brewpubhosted by I am Yoga Squirrel Hill with live music! 10am-noon, at the brewpub, tickets here
- Wednesday, Dec 20 PUB QUIZ with Buzzworthy Pub Trivia and Tango Food Truck at the Brewpub, 7pm. Free!
- Wednesday, Dec 20 PUB QUIZ with Buzzworthy Pub Trivia at the Brewpub, 7pm. Free!
- Saturday, Dec 30 Grains-to-Glass Brewery Tour 1-2pm at the Brewpub. More info & tickets here.
- UPCOMING: Our annual GOOD WOOD Barrel-Aged Beer event with Wigle Whiskey is January 20! Tickets on sale now!