WHAT'S THIS ABOUT A RESTAURANT AT THE BREWERY?
It's true! We're working with Justin Severino & Hilary Prescott Severino (of Cure & Morcilla) on a new casual restaurant concept here at East End Brewing in Larimer. We couldn't be more thrilled; the Severinos have not only been pouring our beer for years at their restaurants and at their events, but we also consider them GOOD FRIENDS. The folks who attended our Good Wood Festival last month got a sneak preview of the type of casual but delicious food they're hoping to serve... and the King of Pittsburgh himself, Rick Sebak, blessed this union with some barrel-aged beer. So now it's a done deal.
WHEN DOES IT OPEN? I'M HUNGRY NOW!
Tuesday. No, not THIS Tuesday, but we think it'll be on a Tuesday. The honest answer: as soon as humanly possible. If you've been to the Brewpub lately, you've probably noticed the construction on the back side of the room, as well as the ongoing bathroom renovations. As anyone who's done construction knows, it's a start and go process, but we're pleased with how quickly it's going so far. We'll also be improving our outdoor patio in time for Spring... can you say COOKOUTS? So thanks for your patience while we continue to build some more awesomeness here!
WHAT ABOUT FOOD TRUCKS?
Sadly this does mean that we'll have to say goodbye to many of our favorite food truck partners, although we're hoping to do some special events with them before the restaurant opens. We're deeply indebted and grateful to our food truck friends for feeding us all these years. So stay tuned for some stuff with them, before we bid adieu.
THIS ALL SOUNDS GOOD, BUT SERIOUSLY... WHEN IS IT OPENING?
SOON, we swear.
You didn't think we'd let February go by without a new can release, did you? We're getting this one in just under the wire on February 28th. At 11am at the Taproom in the Strip and 4pm at the Brewpub in Larimer we'll be releasing:
• 16oz cans of BiggerHop, our classic West Coast DIPA
• 16oz cans of Caution Slippy, our new hazy NE DIPA
• 16oz cans of Partly Clahdy, our original hazy NE IPA
• 16oz cans of "as yet unnamed", a great big, bold Stout with some fun ingredients to put a smile on your face. (Or maybe the 11-12% ABV will cover that.)
More info to come on these, so watch the social medias for the latest details as the date nears.
DRAFT BEER UPDATES:
Our current draft lineup is looking pretty HOT-HOT-HOT right now, so check these out:
- BIGGER HOP DIPA 9.5% Cans are almost gone, but we've still got draft, and a round of FRESH CANS are on the way!
- PA HANDSHAKE 7% Cans are sold out and this beer is almost gone on draft! Come fill your Pints, Growlers, Crowlers, and your mouth while you can.
- FASTER THAN THE BEAR 8.2% A new Baltic Porter that drinks sweet but finished dry. Lagered for 6 weeks, dark, potent, and the perfect companion for these cold winter evenings.
- BRETT HOP 5.9% What if we took your old standby BigHop, and instead of fermenting it with our house ale yeast, did something completely different with it... like ferment it on a pitch of brettanomyces in a semi-open fermenter. And what if after fermentation slowed down, we took that beer and transferred it to a bunch of red wine barrels and then aged it there for over two years? Seriously.. TWO YEARS! Well...we did all of that, and now it's on tap.
- VANILLA LATTE CREAM ALE 5.9% Your favorite Cream Ale recipe - which btw, uses Pennsylvania's own Double Eagle Malt, grains sourced from Farmers right here in Pennsylvania! Well, we've infused it with both Commonplace Coffee's Papua New Guinea roast and some all natural Mexican Vanilla for a wonderfully unique, coffee-cake like flavor. You've seriously got to get in here and taste this. It's like... well, nothing else really.
- LORD NORDSBERRY 6.1% A chocolatey, malt-forward, Belgian Ale brewed with a whole bunch of raspberries. Valentines Day falls on the 14th this year... just sayin'.
- We're also getting ready to say goodbye to SnowMelt Winter Ale, Farkleberry Pale Ale, and Bonsai Small Beer, so get your affairs in order people!
GRATITUDE RELEASE DAY IS COMING!
Gratitude Barleywine in waxed 22oz bottles, LIMITED EDITION Gratitude Barleywine in throwback paper overwrap waxed 750ml bottles, Barrel Aged Gratitude in 16oz cans... Plus on tap: vintage Gratitude and BA Gratitude flights, some awesome eats, and, well, all the usual stuff we bust out for this most special day of the year. We're working on the date, and we've got a LOT to finish up before then, so give us a sec and you'll be the first to know!
Beer at the John Carpenter Festival!
John Carpenter? More like John CANpenter this Saturday, February 10 when we're selling beer at the John Carpenter Film Festival at the Hollywood Theater in Dormont. We'll have a selection of FRESH LOCAL BEER in 12 and 16 oz cans to heighten your viewings of Dark Star (2pm), The Thing (4pm), They Live (7pm) and Prince of Darkness (9pm). Buy from us in the lobby and take it into the theater! See you Saturday. And hey, if you're interested in having us sell beer at one of your events, let us know at email@example.com - we'd love to share the gospel of GOOD BEER.
MARK BREWER BREWOLOGY ART OPENING
Mark Brewer isn't just a great guy with a lot of beer of knowledge; he's also a great artist and author of the book Brewology: An Illustrated Dictonary for Beer Lovers. We've asked Mark to bring some of his imaginative, informative, and funny drawings to the Taproom for an exhibition starting on Wednesday, February 21. Come see Mark's work from 5-8pm, get a beer and maybe buy a book too! The exhibit will run through the beginning of April.
We're proud to be a CSA pickup location for our friends at Penn's Corner Farm Alliance. That's what those folks strolling through our Brewpub to pick up a box from the cooler are doing when they show up! Sign up now for the regular farm CSA, or the Cheese Share, Egg Share, Flower Share and more! Register at PennsCorner.com by 2/24 to get a 3% early bird discount, get some great produce, and a reason to visit us every week!
2018 Keg Ride Planning is Underway!
That's right, the 2018 Pedal Pale Ale Keg Ride is happening on April 21. We'll have registration and more information soon, so you can join us in using PEDAL POWER to move legs of beer through the streets of Pittsburgh.
GOOD BEER EVENT CALENDAR:
- Wednesday, Feb 7, 14, 21, 28
PUB QUIZ with Buzzworthy Pub Trivia at the Brewpub 7pm, and food from Tango Food Truck. Free!
- Thursday, Feb 8
POETRY & PINTS, 6-8pm Returns on Thursday, February 8 from 6-8pm! We'll have a host and poetry books available if you have a passion to read.
- Saturday, Feb 10
BEER at the JOHN CARPENTER FILM FESTIVAL at the Hollywood Theater in Dormont.
- Sunday, Feb 18
BEER BELLY YOGA with the amazing instructors from I Am Yoga Squirrel Hill. 10am-noon, tickets available here and hurry, the January yoga sold out!
- Saturday, Feb 24
GRAINS-TO-GLASS BREWERY TOUR 1-2pm at the Brewpub. More info & tickets here.
- Wednesday, Feb 28
Hop, Hop, Hop, Stout simultaneous can release at both locations. More info coming soon!