The big news first: we're doing something we swore we'd never do... Happy Hour. Maybe it's the warm weather on the Brewpub patio or how relaxing the Taproom is after work, but we've been feeling generous lately. So starting on Tuesday, June 13, get $1 off any draft (pint or 13oz pour of some of our higher ABV beers) from 5-7pm on Tues-Saturday, and 1-3pm on Sunday. ...yes, you read that right. HAPPY HOURS ON THE WEEKEND!!!
ON TO THE BEER UPDATES!
- Pedal Pale Ale, our 5.0% ABV American Pale Ale, is now available in 16oz cans, packs of 4 for $12. Hurry, we're "cycling" through them fast.
- Coffee Porter and BiggerHop are almost gone, so get here quickly if you want to snap some up before we have to say good bye.
- Illustration Ale, our Belgian Dark Strong Ale, is currently on draft and in bottles, with 6 unique labels by 6 unique local artists. Plus, bottle sales benefit HEARTH Pittsburgh.
- BlackberRye, a light, refreshing rye beer made with local blackberries is on tap now, and it's easy-drinking at 4.5% ABV.
Coming soon: A collaboration with TRASH homebrewer Richard Romanko is in the tank now, a Helles Lager that's perfect for outdoor weather. Lagers are pretty rare for us, so look for R&R Lager to hit our taps in another 2 weeks.
If you follow us on social media (and why wouldn't ya? We're fun, we swear. Give us a follow here, here, or here) you saw that not only is Green Giant IPA coming soon, but we'll have it in 16oz cans too. When, you ask? SOON we answer. But probably in time for your 4th of July celebrations.
We're also working our own version on a hazy New England IPA that we're calling Partly Clahdy. Experimental batches are happening now, so let's say COMING SOON for this beer too.
For a current list of our complete draft, bottle, and canned offerings, as well as our hours and addresses, check out our mobile app on your smartphone or visit our website. And stay up to date on food trucks on our COME HUNGRY page.
THIS IS ANYTHING BUT TRIVIAL
Our Strip Taproom Trivia is moving to the Brewpub, so that means you can find Trivia at the Brewpub every day of the week that ends in "WEDNESDAY". Come play on First and Third Wednesdays for Trivia with Drew from Buzzworthy Pub Trivia, and Second and Fourth Wednesdays with our original quizmaster Mark. And it's free!
BUT IS IT ART? YES!
We love working with local artists and to that end we're adding something new at the Taproom in the Strip; a rotating display of artwork by local artists. We're debuting Taproom Art with The Secret Names of Streets: A Group Photo Show of work by Andrew Rabb and Stephanie Tsong on Saturday, June 24 from 7-10pm. Join us for drinks, light snacks, and and great artwork. And if you're interested in showing your work at the taproom, email email@example.com
LET'S DO SOMETHING
We've got lots of other great events happening this month too. Here's the complete list:
- Wed, June 7, Pub Quiz at the Brewpub with Buzzworthy Pub Trivia and food from PGH Po'Boy. 7pm, Free!
- Sat, June 10, Workshop PGH DIY Brunch Join Workshop PGH as they pull up their DIY trailer and offer mini Workshops all day out at East End Brewing. Plus food from Iron City Eats. 12-5pm.
- Wed, June 14: Pub Quiz at the Taproom with original quizmaster Mark. 7-9pm. Free!
- Sat, June 17, Grains-to-Glass Brewery Tour! Update: Sorry folks, this tour date is completely SOLD OUT. Next tour is July 1.
- Mon, June 19, The Beer Yogis are back with a 60 minute all-levels vinyasa flow led by Melissa and Mikki. Then enjoy pints of fresh East End beers. 6:30-9pm. Tickets here.
- Wed, June 21, Pub Quiz at the Brewpub with Buzzworthy Pub Trivia and food from PGH Po'Boy. 7pm, Free!
- Sun, June 25, LIVE MUSIC Beer Belly Yoga from 10am-12pm. $25 gets you a 45 minute glass, your own 13 oz East End glass filled with your choice of beverage, and a token for a free class with I Am Yoga of Squirrel Hill. Plus Live music for this special edition! Get your tickets here
- Wed, June 28: Pub Quiz at the Taproom with original quizmaster Mark. 7-9pm. Free!
- Sat, July 1, Grains-to-Glass Brewery Tour! See and taste how the beer is made and take some home! Tickets here.
- JUNE DATE TBD: R&R Helles Lager Tapping: Stay tuned to the social medias for a date on this, but it's be a chance to come out for the first tastes of this new beer, say hello to the award winning homebrewer who brewed it with us, and meet the folks from T.R.A.S.H., the Three Rivers Alliance of Serious Homebrewers.