Here's the VERY FIRST pallet of BigHop Cans heading out to our wholesaler, Vecenie Distributing last week. Some have already landed in bars, beer distributors, and six pack shops throughout the Pittsburgh area. So if you want some BigHop cans to be stocked at your local GOOD BEER joint, ask them to stock it! Your voice at your local store is WAY louder than ours can ever be. Don't be shy - there's beer involved!
It may be cold & lousy outside, but that's why we're starting out February with two great events, one at the Brewpub and one at the Taproom!
Saturday, February 4 is our Crafts and Drafts Lovefest, a daylong good time with artists and crafters selling great gifts for Valentine's Day, crafts for families with the Irma Freeman Center for Imagination, sultry slow jams from DJ Stephan, food from La Palapa, PGH Po'Boy and Leona's Ice Cream Sandwiches...oh and a free sample of Eye Opener Coffee Porter from us! The fun kicks off at noon and runs till 5pm, but our love for you is undying.
And Tuesday, February 7 we're romancing your mind with the second installment of Between Two Fermenters at the Taproom in the Strip. We're hosting a discussion about the state of Pittsburgh Food & Drink, where it's been and where it's going with some great people:
- Scott Smith: Founder/Owner at East End Brewing
- Kate Romane: Formerly of E2, now head chef & owner at Black Radish Kitchen.
- Pete Kurzweg: From the Independent Brewing Company & Hidden Harbor tiki bar in Squirrel Hill
- Moderator, Jason Cercone: Breaking Brews and the Pittsburgh Craft Beer Network
- Introduction by Rachel Carlson of Yelp Pittsburgh.
Tickets are $20 and get you a chili bar with fixings from Black Radish Kitchen (meat & veg options available), a paired East End beer, and all the talk you can handle! Doors open at 5pm, talk starts at 7pm. Tickets on sale here!
And to keep the love going, join us at the Taproom in the strip for a delicious Valentine's Beer Brunch with our good friends from Prohibition Pastries! What better way to spend a day with your sweetie than with a delicious 3 course beer-infused meal and 2 pints of beer (or soda)!?
Get your tickets by clicking here - $35 for a 3 course prix fixe beer-infused meal, with two glasses of the East End Brewing beer (or soft drink) of your choice! Two sessions: 10am-11:30am, 12pm-2pm.
Speaking of beer...here's what's notable on tap and coming soon:
- Bigger Hop After a sold-out run of limited edition cans, Bigger Hop is now on tap!
- Chamwow Table Beer a low gravity Belgian Ale brewed with Chamomile
- Eye Opener Coffee Porter on draft this weekend at the Brewery
- Vanilla Coffee Porter in big bottles... coming in a few weeks
- And of course SnowMelt, Loaf, BlackHop, and a bunch of others...
For a current list of our complete draft, bottle, and canned offerings, as well as our hours and addresses, check out our mobile app on your smartphone or visit our website!
We've got plenty of events coming up this month. Here's the complete list:
- Feb 4, Crafts and Drafts this Saturday, 12-5pm! Free and family-friendly!
- Feb 7, Between Two Fermenters, Tuesday 7pm! Get your tickets here!
- Feb 9, Taproom Trivia Thursday in the Strip! 6-8pm, free!
- Feb 12, Beer Belly Yoga from 10am-12pm. $25 gets you a 45 minute glass, your own 13 oz East End glass filled with your choice of beverage, and a token for a free class with I Am Yoga of Squirrel Hill. Get your tickets here!
- Feb 15, Pub Quiz at the Brewpub with Buzzworthy Pub Trivia. Free!
- Sweet Horror, Sat February 18: A pop-up market from the folks at Sweet Alchemy Bakery, filled with vegan food & treats and horror-inspired art!
- Feb 19, Beer Brunch with Prohibition Pastries in the Strip! Click here for tickets to one of two services!
- Paint Nite, Tuesday, Feb 21: Join Paint Nite for an evening of painting and drinks at the Brewery! Click here to RSVP.
- Feb 23, Taproom Trivia in the Strip! Free to participate!
- Feb 25, Grains-to-Glass Brewery Tour! See and taste how the beer is made and take some home! Tickets here.