Crafts, Drafts, Keg Rides, Jobs, and more!
Greetings! We hope you'll join us this Saturday for our second annual holiday installment of Crafts and Drafts, sponsored by Yelp Pittsburgh! Not only do we have fourteen art, craft, & vintage vendors for your holiday shopping, but we've got food from PGH Po' Boy, La Palapa Mexican Food, Leona's Ice Cream Sandwiches, and Wigle Whiskey all under one roof! Plus crafts for the kids from the Children's Museum of Pittsburgh! And you'll get a free taste of Snow Melt Winter Ale! It's free, so bring the family and we'll see you Saturday from 12-5pm!
Speaking of Snow Melt, let's talk about upcoming beers, including...
- Bourbon Barrel Aged Snow Melt debuts on Friday, December 16! We didn't think we could make Snow Melt any better, but try this version with bourbon warmth and hint of oak. Perfect for the holidays!
- Along Came a Cider. Along Came a Ginger is almost gone (check the Taproom if you want more), but we'll have our regular Cider on draft soon!
- Black Hop: Technically it's not a Black IPA, it's a Cascadian Dark Ale. But we know it's delicious and on tap for a limited time!
- In the tank: We're working on some old favorites for the new year, includingIllustration Ale and Bigger Hop. Look for Bigger Hop in January, Illustration Ale sometime after that. And a new batch of Gratitude Barleywine will be out in early 2017 too!
For a current list of our complete draft, bottle, and canned offerings, as well as our hours and addresses, check out our mobile app on your smartphone
And we're running a special deal through Friday, December 9! Buy a $25 East End Brewing Gift Card in person at the Brewpub or Taproom and get a pint of beer! Your choice of anything we have on draft! This way you AND the recipient both get some of that holiday beer, I mean cheer!
Tickets for our 13th annual Pedal Pale Ale Keg Ride are on sale now! On April 29th, join us as we bring fresh kegs of Pedal Pale Ale to a secret location, all for a great cause. This year we're proud to announce that proceeds from our ride will go to Danny Chew, a prominent member of Pittsburgh's Cycling Community and founder of The Dirty Dozen Race. Danny suffered a tragic bike accident earlier this past September, which left him paralyzed from the chest down. Proceeds from our ride will go to Danny, to help him out during this difficult time... and give him back just a little bit of what he's given to Pittsburgh over these many years. Learn more and buy your tickets here. (Thanks to Brett Rothmeyer for the photo)
We've got plenty of events coming up soon, including:
- Wednesday, Dec 7 & 21, Trivia at the Brewpub with Buzzworthy Trivia and PGH Po'Boy! Win prizes, form teams, and drink beer!
- Beer Belly Yoga on Saturday, Dec 11 from 10am-12pm. $25 gets you a 45 minute glass, your own 13 oz East End glass filled with your choice of beverage, and a token for a free class with I Am Yoga of Squirrel Hill. Get your tickets here!
- Good Wood Festival of Barrel-Aged Beer is January 21! Get your tickets before they sell out! This is our third time doing this event with Wigle Whiskey and fifteen local breweries, and it's a LOT of fun.
Will YOU work for beer? Or rather, will you work MAKING beer? We're looking for a part time-to-full time person to work primarily on the brewing side of our operation, with a focus on general maintenance and cellar operations, as well as potentially pickup up regular front of house bartending shifts, and occasional event coverage. Beer and brewing knowledge and experience is also helpful, but are not absolutely mandatory. Click here to learn more and apply!
We love the way our new red hoodies look, and we love our iridescent disc golf fliers too! Heck we've got a lot of great merchandise and shirts for men and women at ouronline store!
And finally, here's our holiday hours...we hope you share some GOOD BEER with GOOD FRIENDS and FAMILY this holiday season!
Saturday, December 24: Both locations close at 3pm.
Sunday, December 25: Both locations closed
Saturday, December 31: Both locations close at 3pm
Sunday, January 1: Both locations cloased