A guy walks into a bar and orders a beer. AND THEY CAN SERVE HIM!
We've been threatening to become a Brewpub for a while, and now it's finally happened. On the afternoon of Wednesday October 22nd, we got a yellow piece of paper in the mail, right when the boys from Commonwealth Press were visiting (meeting about some awesome stuff we're scheming on, as usual). And BOOM, just like that, after 4 months of struggling with the PLCB, we're a Brewpub!
So, with a weekend of scrambling to get the room setup and get ourselves prepared, on Tuesday of this past week (10/28), without anything more than some subtle photographic clues on Twitter and Facebook, we began to offer pints of beer at the Brewery for the very first time... soft opening style, keeping it nice and quiet, while we figure out how this all needs to work.
But now, I think we've got a good handle on it, so I'm happy to invite you over for a pint - just not all at once please!
Now of course, we can't make a big change like this without also making a big fuss to go with it, so we've planned a FULL WEEK OF SHENANIGANS in December to kick this off in style!
What exactly does that entail? Well, of course we'll be running some really sweet GOOD BEER and GOOD BEER Merchandise specials for the whole week to properly mark the occasion. But on top of that, we've got some really fun events lined up for you too! This way, you'll have absolutely no excuse for not coming over for an ACTUAL GLASS OF BEER, just like you would at a normal brewery!
Here's the Week of SHENANIGANS Schedule for December 6-13:
- 12/6 DOUBLE 10th Anniversary Party! Food+Beer Pairings with our pals at The Harris Grill, who are also turning 10 this year. All proceeds to Charity too!
- 12/7 BEER BELLY YOGA: Come for a stretch, Namaste for a beer.
- 12/8 Closed... like we are every Monday. Catch your breath, like we will.
- 12/9 MOOS and BREWS: Cheese and Beer Pairing night with Wheel & Wedge.
- 12/10 LONG Underwear Bike Ride: The underwear is long, not the ride.
- 12/11 WEIRD BEER NIGHT: A guided tasting of 6 barrel aged beers from our cellars.
- 12/12 EEBC TAP TAKEOVER: ...at East End Brewing. Yes, this may just be the dumbest event we've ever done!
- 12/13 SQUARES and BEERS: Yep, a big ol Square Dance right in the Brewery!